One Dozen Reasons to Choose
Unified People's Federal Credit Union
- Safety and Security. Unified People's Federal Credit Union is federally insured and is backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. government. As the FDIC does for banks, the National Credit Union Share Insurance Fund (NCUSIF) insures savings in credit unions to at least $250,000.
- Member-Owned. Our shareholders are our members. All members are invited to our annual meeting and each member has an equal vote regardless of the balances in their account.
- Not-for-Profit. There’s a saying in credit unions that we’re “not for profit, not for charity, but for service.” We operate to serve our members rather than to maximize profits.
- Volunteer Board of Directors. Unified People's Federal Credit Union’s policies and oversight are set by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by and from our own membership.
- Competitive Products and Services. We offer the same types of products and services you’ll find at any other financial institution. Our overall rates are typically better and our fees are less.
- Priority Service. Our members are fiercely loyal because we treat them like member-owners (because that’s what they are). We exist to serve.
- Education. Unified People's Federal Credit Union helps members learn ways to better manage their money, improve their credit score, avoid fees, invest well and borrow wisely. We do this in a variety of ways… one-on-one, through resources on our website and in our quarterly newsletter.
- Shared Branching. This is a concept few bankers get, but it speaks to the cooperative spirit of credit unions. UPFCU belongs to a network that allows our members to use other credit union branches as if they were their own. Visit our Shared Branching Page to learn more: http://www.unifiedpeoplesfcu.org/shared_branching.asp
- Online Banking. From home, or anywhere you have internet access, you can check your balance, download account history, transfer funds between your accounts or to another member’s account, mail yourself a check, apply for a loan, order checks and more!
- Telephone Teller. UPFCU’s Telephone Teller is available 24 hours a day/7 days a week to let you perform simple banking transactions.
- Worldwide Access to ATMs. UPFCU does not charge fees to access your account using an ATM. The ATM in the vestibule of UPFCU is owned by the credit union and is available, free of fees, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. To find a VISA ATM in more than 170 countries, visit the VISA Global ATM Network website at: http://visa.via.infonow.net/locator/global
- We make it EASY! You can become a member of UPFCU just by opening a savings account with as little as $5. We doubt you’ll stop there when you see our lineup of checking accounts and our great loan rates!
Branch Locations and Hours:
Reach Us By Phone:
307-632-1476 - Local
800-325-7038 - Toll free
Monday – Friday: 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM